Friday, May 27, 2011

Frankurt am Main



So here I am, sitting in a nice cafe named "Weiners" in the heart of Frankfurt, Germany. At first, I thought my 6 hour layover would not be enough time to leave the airport but then I decided to make the most out of this opportunity.


And as fast as my little legs would carry me, I managed to at least see and take some pictures of the main city sights I had looked up the night before. 






Wow, what a beautiful city this is! It's interesting to see such a diverse mix of architecture. The city is sprinkled with amazing Gothic cathedrals next to modern glass lined skyscrapers and then the Main river is a sight itself, lined on both sides with so many museums. It kinda reminds me of Paris, along the Seine...  Would love to come back and spend some more days here. 





Now off to the airport again for the last leg of my flight. Hope it's less crowded than the first 2 legs. I was amazed that my flight from Johannesburg to Frankfurt was full on both levels (it was one of those 2 story mega airbus planes)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment